Saturday 14 August 2010

Treasure Rocks

Big Seed and Little Elf looked for treasure.
I got the idea from this treasure stones tutorial here.
I changed the recipe slightly as I do not have coffee grounds,
because we are tea drinkers, so I substituted the coffee for tea leaves from tea bags.
I added too much water, oops, so they were a bit bendy but great fun all the same.


Here are the boys...I put a big piece of paper on the kitchen floor to hold all the bits of rock,
and they got their tool box.
They were playing at being builders today so this was perfect for them.
You could hear a pin drop for the concentration ...


Here is a gold coin! A bit bent from being baked in the oven!
I used glass beads, old necklace bits, real pennies, and plastic animals too


What's this? A pig!

" Have you got any more rocks?" they asked....

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to me. This is such a fun project. It looks like your boys enjoyed as much as mine did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did this with little polished rocks for the Elf's.. sixth? birthday. Yes, sixth. It was a pirate party. They absolutely loved it. I bought some cheap hazelnut coffee from the store to use. That way I didn't have to store up enough used grounds and it smelled nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so awesome! I am already thinking of ideas, thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing :-)

    And I love your floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. I know my son would love to use his hammer to find treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...