Sunday 25 September 2011

Rainbow Angels - Versatile Gift



This angel is so versatile...


These angels were made as birthday gifts to go with the rainbow cards here,
but I can see us making these at Christmas for sure...and as Guardian Angels for bedrooms!


I was given some lovely raw sheep fleece a while ago from my lovely friend D.
Now I know what it was for...

Start by teasing a bit and tie the head with ribbon.
Leave the ends long enough for arms.


Cut wings out of felt.
I cut a heart shape but Big Seed cut 2 separate wings.


Needle-felt the wings onto the fleece.


At this point add a bit more fleece if it looks thin in parts.


As this was a birthday gift I felt I needed to put some more effort in,
so I cut some rainbow wool from Syrendell and needle-felted it onto the edge of the wings.
I also tied a bit of orange wool in a circle for a halo and needle felted that to the head.

Sew a bit of cotton through the head and wings so it hangs upright.

Taaa daaa... a rainbow angel.

x

6 comments:

  1. so adorable and easy to make.
    thanks
    patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I know my little ones would love to made one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are way too cute. Already thinking of who I can make some for. Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and simple. These are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute angel, I love how she turned out- what a fun wool project!! ~April

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...